Micro Focus ALM Review

We use it for multiple purposes: test management, defect tracking, traceability, requirement tracking, and test execution.

Valuable Features

We are using the solution for multiple purposes: test management, defect tracking, traceability, requirement tracking, and test execution.

Improvements to My Organization

We're regulated by the FDA so the number of manual signatures and paper-based signatures was reduced. We have had less waste, have been able to collaborate more, and have saved time.

Room for Improvement

In future releases I'd like to see better reporting, a more simplified UI, and improved metrics. It would also good if they removed some features to simplify the solution. It only supports internet explorer right now, so it would be good if it could support other browsers. Browser costs are also fairly high.

Pretty stable.

It has been fairly scalable.

HP support is good and they are very responsive. They're not world class, but they're good.

We used Word documents, which was not efficient.

ROI

Though we only purchased ALM less than a year ago, we believe ROI is good.

Other Advice

Prospective buyers should know that it doesn’t support all browsers and that browser costs are high.