Micro Focus ALM Review
As we're a large SAP shop, this solution provides us with the ability to track individual issues to a defined release and the scalability to meet our growing requirements.

Valuable Features

• Being a large SAP shop, having the ability to track individual issues to a defined release is a key function.
  • We also use the tool for our performance testing and automation efforts, including the test library repository. These functions within the tool are easy to use and allow our internal user community simplicity in the needed access to these.
  • Scalability is a must with our business and this tool has it.

Room for Improvement

It has a very large footprint, and takes an inordinate amount of time to load the components and seems to need to do this quite frequently. Also, with many of these tools, there is always room for improvement with the UI in terms of intuitiveness and functionality.

Use of Solution

I've used it for five years.

Just the amount of time to install as well as the reinstall frequency.

No issues encountered.

No. Scalability is another key reason for using this tool as mentioned above.

As with any big company, HP support is good but costly.

I have not had to deal with them.

We really started using ALM about five years ago when our testing automation efforts kicked into high gear. Up until then, we were tracking testing using various other smaller tools.

Setup was straightforward once the needed hardware was defined and in place.

Implementation Team

It was done in-house.

ROI

We have other tools with HP, so it's bundled in with these and hard to measure ROI specifically for one tool.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

You need to negotiate with HP.

Other Advice

It's a great tool for a company looking to establish a scalable solution that will give you flexibility as you grow, BUT I would highly suggest you have individual(s) with the expertise to care for and feed it.