Micro Focus ALM Review

It allows us to keep test cases and defects centrally located, however, the UI is primitive and the tool is hard to learn.

Valuable Features:

The ability to keep test cases and defects centrally located, accessible to multiple people instead of in document format, is the most valuable feature.

Improvements to My Organization:

We no longer need to use documents for test cases, which are brittle and difficult to keep updated.

Room for Improvement:

• The UI is primitive
  • The tool is hard to learn
  • The help files are minimal, even the videos
  • The massive configuration options are too broad, meaning there is little in common across deployments

Use of Solution:

I've used it for a few months, but I also have experience with Quality Center, the predecessor.

Deployment Issues:

I wasn't involved in the deployment.

Stability Issues:

The site has to be reloaded every time there is a change in the background.

Scalability Issues:

No issues encountered.

Initial Setup:

It was complex, as I was not given permission to delete items, for example. Trying to create test cases via copy-and-paste can be cumbersome, and it was easy to misread the directory structure or put cases in the wrong location.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

I believe that the tool is probably not worth great expense, although it is better than remaining tied to documents and spreadsheets.

Other Advice:

Try MS Test Manager first, particularly if your code is .Net and/or your developers use Visual Studio.

1 visitor found this review helpful