Micro Focus ALM Quality Center Review

It allows us to keep test cases and defects centrally located, however, the UI is primitive and the tool is hard to learn.

Valuable Features:

The ability to keep test cases and defects centrally located, accessible to multiple people instead of in document format, is the most valuable feature.

Improvements to My Organization:

We no longer need to use documents for test cases, which are brittle and difficult to keep updated.

Room for Improvement:

• The UI is primitive
  • The tool is hard to learn
  • The help files are minimal, even the videos
  • The massive configuration options are too broad, meaning there is little in common across deployments

Use of Solution:

I've used it for a few months, but I also have experience with Quality Center, the predecessor.

Deployment Issues:

I wasn't involved in the deployment.

Stability Issues:

The site has to be reloaded every time there is a change in the background.

Scalability Issues:

No issues encountered.

Initial Setup:

It was complex, as I was not given permission to delete items, for example. Trying to create test cases via copy-and-paste can be cumbersome, and it was easy to misread the directory structure or put cases in the wrong location.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

I believe that the tool is probably not worth great expense, although it is better than remaining tied to documents and spreadsheets.

Other Advice:

Try MS Test Manager first, particularly if your code is .Net and/or your developers use Visual Studio.

1 visitor found this review helpful