Micro Focus ALM Review

ALM gives us a solution where we can keep all of our test artifacts (such as scripts, scenarios, test data, etc.) centralized.

What is most valuable?

It gives us a solution where we can keep everything centralized like our test scripts, test data, and our projects. It doesn't matter who is creating the project, everybody can access and execute it. Both our onsite and offshore teams working from different locations are able to benefit from this solution. That's the beauty of it.

How has it helped my organization?

When we implemented this solution, we chose to virtualize, so we didn't implement any physical hardware. We're able to scale very quickly for very large projects when we need to run 5,000 user simulations. Afterwards, we can also scale down quickly. This gives us a lot of flexibility in our project executions.

What needs improvement?

The web client doesn't match the quality of the rest of the features of this solution. HP needs to improve it.

There are some challenges we faced during the deployment. But, we've had no major issues.

We've used versions 11, 12, 12.2, and now, 12.53. They've been very stable in our environment.

We're able to scale up and down as needed. It has great flexibility when it comes to scaling.

There are challenges related to the network security during the set up. But, once you figure it out, solution is relatively easy.

We have done the implementation in-house.

While comparing to the previous solution, this solution gave us as much as 60% cost savings.

Before you start implementing, make a solid plan and try to figure out the challenges before hand.

1 visitor found this review helpful