Micro Focus ALM Review

We use it to test business requirements through user acceptance testing. Integration into release management is missing.

What is most valuable?

From a testing point of view, it takes us a step closer to automation. Our testing is quite manual at the moment. We can use it from start to finish; from testing business requirements right through user acceptance testing, load testing, and performance testing. That's a positive feature.

How has it helped my organization?

It has dramatically reduced the number of defects that go into production. There have been no serious outages, nor serious problems where we had to do a rollback or anything like that. The transition into production has been very smooth.

What needs improvement?

From a tool point of view, I would like see some integration into release management. That is the biggest pain point at this moment.

We bought this solution three years ago.

From a performance point of view, stability is very good.

ALM has not directly assisted scalability. I wouldn't say ALM assists with scalability at all.

I haven’t used technical support, but my team has. I don't know about their experience with them, but if they were not satisfied, I would have found out about it.

What other advice do I have?

Don’t just focus on the technology and buying it, but rather focus on the processes behind the support of the technology. That was our biggest lesson.