Micro Focus ALM Review

Unable To Run Test Automation On The Saas Platform

What is most valuable?

• Test Plan: Script storage and update.
  • Test Lab: Execution planning and results storage.

How has it helped my organization?

Because of global test documentation, testing can be resourced most effectively each test cycle (including outsourcing).

What needs improvement?

Integration with test automation never worked properly. We were never able to run test automation on the SaaS platform. We ended up having to use QC 10 for test automation. We went through several "fixes", upgrades, etc., and were never able to fix the problem.

My guess would be 18 years at least.

Use of test automation with ALM is inherently unstable.

The parts that work seem to scale very well. But our use of test automation appears to have exceeded what this tool can do with that functionality.

Tech support is very, very poor. There is no coordination between product groups, you have to repeat the same information multiple times, features that are "fixed" end up breaking in the next release, and releases and upgrades do not fix problems as promised.

We have installed multiple versions and upgrades over the years and it can be very cumbersome.

It can be expensive to own.

What other advice do I have?

Can be beneficial for large companies, but check out alternatives. Some of them might fit the bill for less money.

Learn More About ALM

Fill out the form to view the report