Micro Focus ALM Review

This solution is open and very easy to integrate. The interface is good too.

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for model testing and as a central location for the test case responses and some test automation.

How has it helped my organization?

Central test locations are a benefit. The ability to integrate this solution with other applications is helpful. If there is automation, it comes with improved quality and speed.

What is most valuable?

This solution is open and very easy to integrate. The interface is good too.

What needs improvement?

There needs to be improvement in the requirement samples. At the moment, they are very basic.

They could also improve the usability.

Less than one year.

I find the system very stable. There is very little downtime.

This solution is scalable. There is the ability to draw on the different platforms, especially with ALM Octane. However, I am more interested in the new hard platforms, so more of a container platform or solution. This is on their roadmap in the next three years, so at least there is a plan for it.

It is very good. We are located in Germany, and they have a service partner here. The fix given to us depends on the complexity of the problem, but usually we get answers within a day.

What other advice do I have?

If someone is researching solutions, they should know that this solution is stable, centralized, and scalable. If they need integration, then this is the tool to use.

When selecting a vendor, some important criteria are availability, knowledge, price, and the site where they are getting the product. For example, if we have people doing a project as a team, then it is best if the solution can work in different languages, like German and English.