Micro Focus Asset Manager Review

We have now automatic and immediate control of assets usage and we can now better manage our assets pool.

What is most valuable?

We implemented software asset management on top of the asset manager. It was my goal when we selected the product and actually we're looking forward to developing those features in the future.

How has it helped my organization?

Actually we have now automatic and immediate control of assets usage, and we can now better manage our assets pool and get benefits through that.

What needs improvement?

The first problem with asset manager is that it is very, very, very old software, so it's actually history and right now it's outdated on any account.

The technology used is outdated, the interface is outdated, the database is outdated, everything is outdated.

This has been noted by the product management team and right now they are already working on completing a revamp from scratch of the asset manager and we're really looking forward to that. This new one will solve a lot of problems when it arrives because it will be supported on the server side, it will be a modern user interface, it will be faster, it will be more efficient.

Also, we hope it will do the main tasks of asset manager better because we are actually involved in communications already, and we're really looking forward to providing them with our expertise collected during the project.

If they fulfill their roadmap aspirations then the solution will be much, much better.

Stability's fine, actually - when it works, it works. You could say it's not the problem of stability, it's actually a problem of the amount of time you have to spend to configure the solution, which is not a bright side of the asset manager.

For us it's enough. It scales to our needs.

Regarding technical support, the first tier is terrible as always, but after escalation the experience was perfect. It was a really good experience, it was really nice to see the vendor really involved in the idea of fixing the problems, and doing things right.

I'm not sure that I should pronounce names out loud, but we actually looked at almost all the solutions from the top ten competitors on the market. In our home market of Russia, we have at least two main competitors, but again, I'm not sure that I should talk about that here.

Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, ServiceNow, Flexera and others in IT Asset Management. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.