Micro Focus Business Process Testing Review

The SMEs can review the test script on a high level to check for accuracy. If there is network failure while opening then the corresponding script gets locked for a long time.

What is most valuable?

Its simplicity and easy to integrate approach. By using this solution it is relatively simple to design test suite that can be further drilled down to very simple and atomic business components. The other part is that even functional testers/SMEs can actively take part in designing automated scripts by using the pre-designed automated components without going into the details of implementation. As a result the team productivity increases very rapidly.

How has it helped my organization?

In our agile team, the functional testers started designing the automated test scripts by using the automated business components and requesting for new components to be designed. As a result the team productivity increased a lot after switching to this framework. Also the SMEs can review the test script on a high level to check for accuracy.

What needs improvement?

Since all the artefacts are maintained in Quality Center sometimes accessing tests to maintain and modify takes a lot of time. If there is network failure while opening then the corresponding script gets locked for a long time. So it would be really convenient if they create a local copy of the component or give option to the user to edit the component or script offline.

Another thing is components should have the ability to copy within the script itself rather than dragging the component from the repository each time it is required to be used.

I've used it for two years.

Few scripts got corrupted in design time while trying to delete the components that are having dependency in parameters early in the tree.

There was no issue with the stability.

There was no issue with the scalability.

Really the weak link of this otherwise so good product. Technical support lacks efficiency and all they do is to move in circles by opening new tickets and all the related stuffs without any intention of solving the real problem.

This was chosen by the client as a necessary link up of automation with HP Quality Center.

Setup is quite straightforward and scalable.

Setup and implementation of the framework was done by our organization.

ROI is pretty good as the approach of framework allows virtually everyone to take part in designing test cases.

The price could be reduced though to make it more competitive with other products available.

What other advice do I have?

Go for this product only if you have a long time vision of the software under test as this will yield significant output only after investing good amount of time.