Micro Focus Business Process Testing Review

Excellent usability, but the solution shouldn't be so tightly integrated with their ALM tool

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of the solution is that even a nontechnical tester, like a functional tester or a business analyst, can use it once the components are ready. It becomes easy after a certain point. Its usability is its best feature.

What needs improvement?

The solution shouldn't be so tightly integrated with the ALM tool that they have. It should have its own base rather than the repository. If we could save it in other repositories or some other spaces, then that would be a plus.

We should also be able to create a BPP script on its own.

I've been using the solution for two to three years.

The solution is quite stable with SAP. It's nice. I use it extensively. With the web sometimes, it can get a bit difficult, especially with the flex objects. There's no clear solution to a flex object. That's something that I have trouble with.

Scalability depends on the framework, and also the team that sets it up. If it is set up properly, then yes, it is scalable. You can scale it well. We have about 15 people using the solution currently. I'm not sure at this time if we plan to scale further.

Overall I'm satisfied with technical support. I wouldn't say it is as great as Tricentis Tosca, but they are good. I know for sure that Tosca is very efficient in getting back to users if there are issues.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's not complex at all.

I did the implementation myself.

What other advice do I have?

We use both the cloud and on-premises deployment models of the solution.

In terms of general advice, I would say that any tool that you plan to use, you need to plan it well. You need to outline the complex and specific scenarios that you plan to use in your project. You should do a POC first, whether you choose Micro Focus or something else.

I would rate the solution at seven or eight out of ten.

1 Comment
author avatarDavidShephard

Thank you for this review. I have passed your comments about the integration with ALM, support and flex objects on to product management.