Micro Focus Cloud Service Automation Review

Scalability it the most valuable feature to us.

What is most valuable?

Scalability it the most valuable feature to us. The ability to just speak to our account people and say, "We need another six servers, we need more storage." It's that scalability that allows us to run with our business. It gives you security and all that, but scalability is the key thing for us.

How has it helped my organization?

The way we function now, is we actually look at the business we do with our customers. We don't worry so much about the IT now. We just know that if we need another six petabytes, or whatever, we can just speak to HPE and it's there and it's delivered. We focus more on the solutions, rather than the building blocks, as it were.

What needs improvement?

I’d like to see better monitoring visibility. We have to rely on HPE Technical Services to tell us when those challenges and problems occur. As a customer we can't see ourselves where the problem is. So, a bit more on the monitoring side would help.

HPE Cloud Service Automation is very, very stable. We've never had a problem.

We've scaled it all the time. Sometimes it takes a little bit longer than you would hope because, at the end of the day, there are still physical boxes behind it. So, sometimes we have to stretch out that way, but we haven't reached any barriers yet.

We use technical support all the time. We have parent technical support people from HPE working on our account and they are very, very good.

We use to be all on-premises and it wasn’t good. Now we've gone for a hybrid approach, which is both on-premises and in the cloud.

We signed a ten-year deal with HPE. It's that longevity, knowing that if we go into something quite transformational, the vendor is going to be there in ten years' time still working with us. Not someone that's just come up with a great new solution and then goes bust in two years' time.

I was not here for the initial setup. I joined twelve months after we signed the deal. So, we were still in the implementation phase and then delivery and to run.

We also looked at IBM and CSC. But, at the end of the day, we were looking for a true technical solution and HPE came head-and-shoulders above other people.

What other advice do I have?

We actually put someone that I used to work with in contact with my account people and basically says, "It's there, it works really well, but you've still got to put a lot of effort in yourselves." So, if anybody tries to sell you a solution that says, "Don't worry, we do everything." Don't believe them. It's not true.

But, Cloud Service Automation met all our needs. The only cautious thing now is, I want to see more innovation going forward, because the world is changing and we don't see that rate of change in HPE. We're worried about what's happening with HPE and CSC and the merge. Hopefully that won’t dilute the solution going forward.

1 visitor found this review helpful