Micro Focus Configuration Management Review

It allows us to deploy applications and primitive desktops globally. The upgrade cycle is very long.

Valuable Features

It allows us to deploy applications and primitive desktops globally.

Improvements to My Organization

We use it for managing our desktops. We have 350,000 desktops and it allows us to manage and control them relatively easily.

Room for Improvement

We need product notifications made quickly in the software lifecycle, but it does so unreliably. The upgrade cycle is sometimes years. Smaller vendors will do it every quarter.

It deploys just fine.

The infrastructure itself is stable, but the agent has a lot of problems. It has the habit of crashing or hanging. It's not so easy to spot the management layer on top as it's a bit old-fashioned.

It's very scalable, but it requires you to build your own management layer on top.

Technical support is average at best. If you need to speak to support about general issue, you might as well not bother and just do it yourself.

Other Solutions Considered

We're actually looking at others now, mainly Microsoft SCOM, which is probably the market leader if I'm honest.

Other Advice

Buy Microsoft SCOM.