Micro Focus Content Manager Review
We use it for document management and as a legal document repository.

What is most valuable?

We use it in the legal context a lot for document management and as a repository. It supports our legal document repository and document storage for working on cases.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us in terms of efficiency when working with multiple people at the same time, on the same case. For example, if you have a legal case, there are multiple people interested in the case from various perspectives. It helps us keep everything together for making the case; collecting documents, emails, and many other elements into one environment.

What needs improvement?

We have not seen the working product yet, so It's difficult to talk about things that are not covered yet. We are still in a stage of getting it working. But we would like it to be more integrated. I would really like to see an ERP-type system for the legal community. There's much more to it than just a document repository. It's also about managing time registrations, and these type of things. So how can we further integrate it? How can we set up and organise an ERP system for legal, which is integrated with Microsoft Outlook and SharePoint-type services, and so on?

Actually, we have not seen the product working yet, to be quite honest. We have seen a demo, but we have challenges getting it working with the metadata we have. In the demo, I think we have been using it for year. Since then we have been struggling to get it implemented.

It is quite scalable if it is implemented correctly; at least within our environment.

We used various experts from HPE to get it implemented. We've had a lot of talks, but not many results, to be quite frank.

We used various tools previously. We want to go to one integrated environment. But we have to benchmark the tools to determine whether they decrease or increase efficiency and then optimize all the processes. We have too many solutions that are too costly, and we want to go to one integrated environment.

We've had it for a year now, and since we started implementation it has been, to say softly, a nightmare. I don't know what the complexity of the tool is, or if it is the environment, but we really have had big trouble.

We looked a some other vendors. OpenText is another one we have been looking at. We have also been looking at Microsoft.

From a product perspective, I would say HPE Content Manager definitely rates an 8/10. But, the experience we have right now is a 3/10. Our problems also have to do with the attitude of HPE regarding our autonomy to integrate it and work to get it done. We've had many conversations on that as well, so we feel a little bit like we've bought something, but at the same time, it is not working. Are we getting the proper support and commitment to really make it work?

What other advice do I have?

It's a great product. But HPE needs to step away from the commercial interest and really help us to get what it is that we are looking for. It always comes with a price, but it looks that it's not just a tick in the box. We want to really see it end-to-end that it's going to work for us as well.

1 visitor found this review helpful