Micro Focus Content Manager Review

We rely on it to accurately identify documents that are eligible for destruction each year.

What is most valuable?

The product allows us to run our Notice of Destructions seamlessly and produces our annual folders with ease.

Notice of Destructions: We rely on the software to accurately identify those documents/folders/boxes that are eligible for destruction each year and segregate them into a session. The software produces a list that we in turn route around to our Notice of Destruction approvers to obtain sign off electronically. Once all approvals are obtained, the session is processed and the documents/folders/boxes are deleted from the system.

Annual Folders: We rely on the software to identify those folders need to be duplicated for the following year. The software produces a list which we review before we produce the next year’s folders. We use the Duplicate functionality to produce 3,000+ folders each year during our Annual Folder process.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us manage records more easily and allows users to search for information without leaving their desk.

What needs improvement?

Many users have expressed that it is too hard to find what they are looking for. I’m not sure that the functionality can be improved. Most of this issue is due to user training and the users not using the system every day. Enhancing the full content searching capabilities by including some refiners could possibly help.

We purchased MDY FileSurf back in 2007, went through the acquisitions of CA, Autonomy, and HPE. We are currently using Autonomy 12.6.2.2 and are in the process of upgrading to HPE CM 9.1.

We have not really had any stability issues.

We have not had any scalability issues.

Technical support was phenomenal when we were with MDY because we had more of a connection with the help desk. Through the acquisitions, the technical help has been OK, but less personal. Technical support for Autonomy Records Manager 12.6.2.2 will cease as of February 2017.

We previously used a custom “in-house” solution, which did not allow us to manage “electronic items” as records.

Setup was complex because we were migrating from a custom “in-house” product to an “off-the-shelf” product.

Research and understand pricing and licensing, especially the consulting services needed to implement the software.

At the time, we evaluated TRIM and others that I can’t remember.

What other advice do I have?

It always takes more time and money.