Micro Focus Content Manager Review

The Retention Hold process allows for the suspension on the standard retention process when records are identified as part of a hold order.

What is most valuable?

The product offers many features and functionality. A few of my favorites include:

• Integration with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), allowing for streamlined archive of business documents.
  • Retention Schedule allows us to incorporate our company schedule directly into the system. By doing so, we are able to confidently manage our destruction process.
  • Retention Hold process allows for the suspension on the standard retention process when records are identified as part of a hold order.

How has it helped my organization?

One of our prior products required all records to pass through our Records team to be added to the repository. Thanks to the Microsoft integration, our users are empowered to check their records in as they are created, saving both time and money.

What needs improvement?

We have not yet utilized the web version, as we encountered a few issues during testing.

We upgraded to HPE Records Manager 8.1 in 2015.

We have only encountered minor issues during the deployment.

We have not experienced any stability issues.

We have not experienced any scalability issues.

We appreciate HPE's team of resources, who assist us as issues arise.

On a scale of 1-10, I would rate technical support at 9; great group, always willing to share insights, very empowering team.

We actually had two systems in-house for many years. We consolidated down to one.

We had a great Value Added Reseller (VAR) in place. They handled the initial setup and configuration wonderfully.

A vendor team implemented it. I rate them a 10; they were extremely knowledgeable.

What other advice do I have?

We are very pleased with HPE Records Manager.