Micro Focus Data Protector Review

Integrates into a virtualized environment. Solutions to issues are not included in new patches or versions.

What is most valuable?

It is more user-friendly. It integrates into a virtualized environment very easily.

How has it helped my organization?

The major issue we are facing in this product is Sybase database integration. We had resolved this somehow with the help of HPE by making changes in some Perl file.

However, it was not included in the next patch release. In the next upgrade to Version 9.0, it was not included either.

Every update or upgrade removes the changes in all the program files and the integration is stopped.

What needs improvement?

Old bugs or old issues should be implemented in the new releases if they are discussed with the technical team.

I have been using this solution for approximately three years, starting with HPE Data Protector, Version 8.0, and upgrading to Version 9.0.

We have not had stability issues.

We have not had scalability issues.

Using technical support was a good experience. However, they were asking for more information before providing any support.

I was using a different solution previously and switched because I went to a new company and a new environment.

Product, support, and implementation costs matter.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely use it.

1 visitor found this review helpful