Micro Focus Fortify on Demand Review

Stable and shows the vulnerabilities online while checking the code, but it is quite expensive

What is our primary use case?

We use Micro Focus Fortify on Demand to check the vulnerabilities of developments that we perform.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I find the most useful is being able to just see the vulnerabilities online while checking the code and then checking suggestions for fixing them.

What needs improvement?

The thing that could be improved is reducing the cost of usage and including some of the most pricey features, such as dynamic analysis and that sort of functionality, which makes the difference between different types of tools.

I have been using this product for four years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. However, it poses a challenge in terms of pricing and licensing.

I haven't contacted their support, but I know that a team was in touch with Fortify technical support because they do get to have a lot of questions about migrating the software, licensing, and other stuff. They contact the support quite often. I know that they get responses, not always the ones they would like, but they do get a response from them.

I have used SonarQube but not at the same level. It has some functionalities that are related to security. It does not go as deep as Micro Focus Fortify on Demand.

We have evaluated other tools that are competitors of Micro Focus Fortify on Demand, but we still decided to keep Micro Focus Fortify on Demand.

I wasn't responsible for setting it up.

We have a team that works with the product. All development teams work with this team to accomplish the goals. Everything was set up by this team, and afterward, the development team just has to look at the reports and vulnerabilities so that they can run scans.

It is quite expensive. Pricing and the licensing model could be improved.

What other advice do I have?

Before using it, evaluate other possibilities because it's quite expensive if you don't have the need to use it. For example, replace it with SonarQube or another competitor's tool that may not do quite the same thing, but it is enough for what you want for your objectives. It could be a cheaper way to get to those goals.

I would rate Micro Focus Fortify on Demand a seven out of ten. Improvement in pricing would be the biggest thing that would improve the scoring.

More Micro Focus Fortify on Demand reviews from users
...who compared it with SonarQube
Learn what your peers think about Micro Focus Fortify on Demand. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.