Micro Focus Fortify on Demand Review

A feature-rich solution for simplified designing and architecting

What is our primary use case?

We are architecting applications for e-commerce websites similar to Amazon. Everything is running on the cloud, and Micro Focus Fortify on Demand is totally integrated with our solution at this point in time.

What is most valuable?

Almost all the features are good. This solution has simplified designing and architecting for our solutions. We were early adopters of microservices.

Their documentation is good. You don't need to put in much effort in setting it up and learning stuff from scratch and start using it. The learning curve is not too much.

What needs improvement?

In terms of communication, they can integrate a few more third-party tools. It would be great if we can have more options for microservice communication.

They can also improve the securability a bit more because security is one of the biggest aspects these days when you are using the cloud. Some more security features would be really helpful.

I have been using this solution for three years.

We have not come across anything major. We have been using it for quite a while, and we are happy with it.

Scalability is good. Our customer bases are not that huge. Bigger enterprises may have trouble in scaling it, but for our load of work, it is working fine.

We have more than ten users. We are a very small startup, and we don't have too many people.

Till now, we have not raised any tickets. If we are stuck with something, we just google and find out. We use their documentation, which is good enough. That's why we didn't raise any technical queries or things like that.

It was good. I don't think we struggled that much.

We implemented it ourselves. We have two people to maintain this solution.

We didn't evaluate any other solution. I was trying to find out which solution should I use, and I just saw good reviews of this solution. This was the first solution that we tried out, and we liked it. We started with a trial, and it was doing good. Our necessities were met, so we didn't try to figure out any other competitive tool in the market.

What other advice do I have?

You can choose this product for sure with a lot of confidence. It entirely depends on how you are exploring the stuff and trying to integrate it. Designing has to be good. It has all the features, but exploring the features and using it as per your need is important. It is not that features are not there. You just need to explore them and know how to use them.

I would rate Micro Focus Fortify on Demand an eight out of ten. It is a good product. However, it needs improvements from the security aspect and from the aspect of integrations with other popular tools in the market.

Microsoft Azure