Micro Focus Fortify on Demand Review

We can load the details and within a few days, receive the results of intrusion attacks, although it needs to have better packaged reporting capabilities.

How has it helped my organization?

The HP FoD effort allowed my client to utilize this service anytime their internal IT team was overwhelmed with workloads. FoD gives them an option to utilize the additional HP Services when they are overwhelmed with other IT Security needs across the company.

What is most valuable?

• The ability to utilize the Client Portal, which provided my clients with a view of the project status, vulnerabilities and needed remediation steps in real-time
  • I don’t know of any other On-Demand enterprise solution like this one where we can load the details and within a few days, receive the results of intrusion attacks, and work with HP Security Experts when needed for clarification
  • The process was easy to follow and we were supported by 24/7 by TAM personnel to help with any fire drills. This was helpful many times when I needed a quick answer late at night or early in the morning

What needs improvement?

• I believe that sales packages should be posted for single applications, and packages of multiple applications. For example, we have one-time a package for single applications, and 12 month unlimited use for static and a package for static & dynamic testing. It would be nice to see packages posted for a single application, and groups of three, five, or 10 applications. More than 10 applications would need to be custom pricing like you have today.
  • I would like it to be easier to understand, and have better packaged reporting capabilities. For most of the reporting I needed, I exported to Excel and then had to produce more visually accepted reports for Executive Clients. With Rapid7 I utilized its reporting capabilities to deliver Client Reports within just a few minutes of checking the data. I believe that HP’s FoD Clients could sell more services to clients if HP put more effort into delivering visually pleasing reporting capabilities.

Because the product is based on HP’s Fortify Platform, the product is great.

I can’t answer this question appropriately yet as I only utilized the service for one application so far.

10/10 - Christine Bobba, Gerald and the whole TAM Team were very supportive. Stuart Ward does a great job running his TAM Team focused on customer service.

Jason Powell was really support from a technical perspective. He was able to quickly gather the details we needed to resolve security issues with the code or set up.

I’ve used Rapid7 and Qualys Security Solutions in Managed Service Environments for previous clients. Both are really good solutions, but I’ve not utilized any other On-Demand Solution.

I switched because my client uses HP as its core product set. I needed to use Fortify and the FoD Solution allowed me to be up and running within a few short days.

Super easy deployment and usage of the scanning capabilities. The setup was straightforward, and the ability to enter data and start the correct scan was intuitive.

We did not charge for the product, we charged for our PMO Services to run the product.

We used the one-time application, Security Scan Dynamic. I believe the original fee was $8,000.

I would suggest, and I have, that companies should utilize the 12 month unlimited test package.

I searched online and FoD allowed me the best opportunity for success due to my client’s timeline.

1 Comment