Micro Focus Fortify on Demand Review

It has added a very quick turnaround for security code reviews, allowing us to integrate this function into the overall development and testing lifecycle.

Valuable Features

• It's On-Demand, and cloud-based which is well suited to occasional and price-conscious use.
  • Fast turn-around allows for easy integration into the development process without any major impact on development efforts.

Improvements to My Organization

It has added a very quick turnaround for security code reviews which allowed us to integrate this (formerly missing) function into the overall development and testing lifecycle.

Room for Improvement

It needs to support more languages.

Use of Solution

I've used it for three months.

No issues encountered.

Excellent – from the PoC through setup and implementation; we received timely and knowledgeable support whenever we need it.

We tried to do it by hand (which was very time consuming and error-prone) and some tools built-in to Visual Studio (which was not widely accepted by individuals).

We had some issue with logins and account setups, but received excellent support.

Implementation Team

We implemented it ourselves with the help of HP.

ROI

Don’t know since the project got cancelled.

Other Advice

Take advantage of the free trial and conduct a meaningful PoC. Get a buy-in from upper management early and co-ordinate with all stakeholders (e.g. developers, testing and/or QA groups).