Micro Focus Fortify on Demand Review

It has added a very quick turnaround for security code reviews, allowing us to integrate this function into the overall development and testing lifecycle.

What is most valuable?

• It's On-Demand, and cloud-based which is well suited to occasional and price-conscious use.
  • Fast turn-around allows for easy integration into the development process without any major impact on development efforts.

How has it helped my organization?

It has added a very quick turnaround for security code reviews which allowed us to integrate this (formerly missing) function into the overall development and testing lifecycle.

What needs improvement?

It needs to support more languages.

I've used it for three months.

No issues encountered.

Excellent – from the PoC through setup and implementation; we received timely and knowledgeable support whenever we need it.

We tried to do it by hand (which was very time consuming and error-prone) and some tools built-in to Visual Studio (which was not widely accepted by individuals).

We had some issue with logins and account setups, but received excellent support.

We implemented it ourselves with the help of HP.

Don’t know since the project got cancelled.

What other advice do I have?

Take advantage of the free trial and conduct a meaningful PoC. Get a buy-in from upper management early and co-ordinate with all stakeholders (e.g. developers, testing and/or QA groups).