Micro Focus Fortify on Demand Review

Helps us identify security vulnerability earlier in the development.

How has it helped my organization?

Security of our applications is a huge concern for everyone now. Using quality products like HPE’s Fortify helped us minimize issues raised by the clients. Therefore, customer satisfaction in terms of the security was high.

What is most valuable?

We identified a lot of security vulnerability much earlier in the development and could fix this well before the product was rolled out to a huge number of clients.

What needs improvement?

The Visual Studio plugin seems to hang when a scan is run on big projects. I would expect some improvements there. Also, the comments added on each issue were getting lost on multiple iterations of scans, which could be fixed.

Technical support is very good. We had a few issues in the initial setup and the HPE team’s support was commendable.

I did not previously use a different solution.

Initial setup was complex; we ran into lot of memory issues. The Visual Studio plugin was not responsive, either.

An in-house team implemented it. Don’t use the Visual Studio plugin, unless your solution is really small. Otherwise, use the command line setup.

It’s a tool used at the enterprise level; hence, I did not have a chance to explore other options.