What is most valuable?
- It helps you to build custom design application simulation models that enable the performance test engineer to assess an enterprise, multi-tier, heavily-distributed, high-traffic application on how the application for that particular release meets its non-functional test requirements and SLA thresholds, which are key business-transaction response times.
- It tell you your applications' CPU computational power usages under various conditions such as stress, volume, and scalability.
- Its distributed nature will let you choose load generators that can be geographically located anywhere, thus traffic simulations from multiple locations make it possible to create a real production scenario.
- The true advantage of Performance Center is the ability to enable multiple engineers to do design and validate their script locally, but to execute them globally by using global resources spread across an organization.
- The other advantage is the integration with HP SiteScope which lets you to perform deep-dive monitoring of your application under test during your test execution for live health analysis using several readily available monitoring templates.
How has it helped my organization?
Some of the key-business and mission-critical applications released earlier into production were having issues in terms of key business transactions running slowly, which were impacting the end-user experience. The slow business transactions were causing grief to several customers, which eventually led to customers being moved onto different competitor products, causing revenue loss. There was increased downtime of applications in production due to poor application performance.
With the help of HP Performance Center and LoadRunner, we were able to critically evaluate the applications performance and stability, and were assured that each application that was released into production was performing better and meeting all SLAs, including transactional response times and system and platform resource utilization.
We have received excellent feedback in one specific instance where a customer came directly to me, and said that they are seeing much better transactional response times, which helped them serve customers faster, and now they are seeing their customers coming back.
What needs improvement?
Integration with other APM tools like DynaTrace or AppDynamics is a little tedious. Plus, support around cloud solutions and architectures needed to be improved.
For how long have I used the solution?
I have used several versions of this product for over five years, alongside HP LoadRunner.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
How are customer service and technical support?
It's excellent. Technical Support
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
As a person who has been in the performance engineering field for several years, I have used several similar products. However, Performance Center and LoadRunner offer unbeatable support across different protocols, including SAP and AJAX true client.
Also, its ease of use in designing and reusable custom automated performance frameworks is unbeatable. Its support in designing frameworks and scripts for load testing message queues, web, and web-service protocols are quite remarkable.
It offers different types of users for people who come from different programming backgrounds i.e. if you are predominantly a C programmer, you can write a lot of custom API’s using C, and similarly, if you come from Java programming you can use your Java skills in custom API implementation.
How was the initial setup?
What about the implementation team?
What was our ROI?
It can lead to the generation of a very high ROI if you have the right people with the right expertise of the tool set.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
It is a bit highly priced. However, better products with a better quality can come with a good price.
What other advice do I have?
It is definitely one of the best products available on the market. Definitely programming knowledge around C programming would be greatly advantageous.
Which version of this solution are you currently using?