Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional Review

Correlation and parameterization are the key valuable features for us

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for client service applications, mostly web-based applications. There are a lot of service conversions needed in terms of Apple to Apple talking or using with a protocol. If you need what they're offering then I think LoadRunner is a good tool. And it's from HP. Primary use cases are creating code-based operations for the latest updates, and API calls if we are in corporate. I'm a QA leader and we are customers of Micro Focus LoadRunner.

What is most valuable?

I think correlation is one of the important features. Correlation, parameterization, those kind of features make things easier.

What needs improvement?

It's a very expensive tool so I think licensing costs could be reduced. I think their monitoring services in real time could be improved and made more user friendly.

I've been using this solution for nearly 15 years.

This is a stable product - I've dealt with it over the past 15 years and it's stable.

It's a scalable product in terms of it's running or technology wise.

Their tech support is pretty good. They try to document things and they are organized. I would say I've had good experience with them.

This is a heavy-duty tool, so it's not a one-click installation. But I think it's comparatively easier with the documentation they provide.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest that if you have a site that needs to be used by a lot of people or if it's for enterprise applications where consumption is high, then it's a good tool. Otherwise, if there are fewer users or not a lot of load, then I would say that other tools might be handy. If you require performance-oriented applications, then it's a good tool.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

12.5
More Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional reviews from users
...who compared it with Apache JMeter
Learn what your peers think about Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.