Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional Review

It supports Citrix and SAP protocols, which is very helpful for our clients to understand bottlenecks if there are any on their network, though it should support GWT and mobile testing.

What is most valuable?

• It allows you to create your own customized code.
  • It provides an analysis report after running a test scenario.
  • It supports maximum protocols.
  • It's user-friendly.

How has it helped my organization?

It generates reports in a format that's very easy to understand for both our own internal use and other audiences. It supports Citrix and SAP protocols, which is very helpful for our clients to understand bottlenecks if there are any on their network.

What needs improvement?

It should support GWT and mobile testing, including network virtualization.

I've used it for eight years.

We didn't encounter any issues during deployment.

We haven't encountered any stability issues.

We haven't encountered any issues while scaling.

I'd say that customer service is not good.

Technical support is also not good.

I used NeoLoad, but it does not support Citrix, so we chose LoadRunner.

Initial setup was not that difficult.

We did the implementation through an in-house team.

My advice is for you to have a load generator machine that has a good configuration for handling large volumes of users.

It is very costly, but LoadRunner works perfectly. It fits our needs in the way we use it, but you should make sure your use justifies the cost.

What other advice do I have?

We have only web-based services, mobile testing in scope, and the user load is maximum 1000, so we could have used NeoLoad, but there were lots of other factors in switching.

1 Comment

author avatarDiego Caicedo Lescano
Top 10LeaderboardReal User

Hi Anupam,

The following features were introduced or enhanced in Network Virtualization for LoadRunner and Performance Center version 12.50 within the 12.50 Release:
- Full protocol support. You can now define virtual locations for all supported LoadRunner and Performance Center protocols.
- NV Analytics report integration with VuGen. Analyze your script before using it in your tests. After you run a script in VuGen, review the NV Analytics report in the replay summary.
- Integrated installation. NV 12.50 is now a part of the LoadRunner and Performance Center installation process. At the end of the LoadRunner and Performance Center installations, you have the option to install the NV 12.50 components.
- Integrated licensing.
- Unified licensing management. LoadRunner and Performance Center now manage licensing for Network Virtualization Vusers, which enable you to run scenarios that incorporate NV virtual locations.