Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional Review

We use it to create scripts. It supports a range of technologies, including SAP.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the ease of using it to create scripts and the broad number of technologies supported, including apps, SAP, and everything on the web.

How has it helped my organization?

It enables us to really reproduce what users are doing in the application, not only as a single button or web service, but in the whole application. This helps us anticipate performance issues in production.

What needs improvement?

• Licenses are too expensive in general.
  • They should remove the location or worldwide licensing fee. It is a special fee that you need to pay when you want to use a LoadRunner controller installed in the UK when you're working from Spain.

It's quite stable.

It is scalable. The biggest we've done is 20,000, but I know it can be done bigger.

I have not used technical support in the past two years. Previously, it was too thick and too heavy to deal with them. They asked a lot of questions without providing solutions.

The initial setup was really straightforward. You just install, make a couple of tests, and everything is connected.

We also considered Neotys and SOASTA.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to use it.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer:
More Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional reviews from users
...who compared it with Apache JMeter
Learn what your peers think about Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.