Micro Focus Network Node Manager Review

Good stability, quite mature, and capable of having all network devices in a single place

What is most valuable?

We are able to have all network devices in a single place in order to send the alerts to an umbrella tool (Service Now).

The stability is quite good.

It's quite a mature solution.

What needs improvement?

Technically speaking, I'm facing some issues when monitoring Barracuda firewalls. There is some room for improvement in this area.

The documentation for the initial/upgrade setup present errors sometimes.

This product has been used in our company for ten years, I suppose, however, I have been personally using it only for two or three years.

Regarding stability, we don't face any issues. It's reliable. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

From the very beginning until now, we deployed to two servers in a fail over environment. Therefore, I can't really speak to the scalability of the product.

Technical support could be much better and work much faster.

Typically, is taking some time so solve tickets. If involving a higher level expert is needed, you should wait.

The initial setup is somewhere in between. It's both not so easy, and also not so complex. We have the Linux version. Some years ago we had physical servers and we migrated to virtual ones.

There were some issues and we opened some tickets, however, in the end, they were solved. It's just that there are a few key steps that need to be handled carefully during installation. You need documentation to guide you. However, some of the articles meant to assist were not very accurate. If you're following exact instructions line by line, and you are not getting what is expected, you have to do a bit of problem-solving by yourself.

I don't handle the pricing, however, it's my understanding that the product is quite expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution to others due to the fact that it's quite stable and mature. That said, there are a few improvements that can be made.

Overall, I would rate it eight out of ten.

2019.05
More Micro Focus Network Node Manager reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, IBM, Broadcom and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.