Micro Focus Network Node Manager Review

Reduces the need for separate diagnostic and network monitoring tools

What is our primary use case?

We are using virtual servers. We have two servers, they are set in fail-over environments. One is active, one is waiting.

I work for a very big enterprise. Any employee could technically access this tool, but only a few of them are interested. Roughly 50 people working in specific departments access this tool — mostly the network operations team.

What is most valuable?

Currently, we are not using all of the features they provide; just the main tool for monitoring the alerts. The lists are sent to a third-party tool — ServiceNow. It's an umbrella that collects alerts from different tools.

What needs improvement?

I'm pretty satisfied with this tool. We have some specific devices that are not integrated very well, for example, Barracuda Firewalls. They have to improve this, but this is a specific situation.

It's a good one. It's a stable tool. We do not have any issues stability-wise.

I would say that they definitely need to improve their support features — this is a problem. When I open a ticket, usually they respond very late. Some of the people I negotiate with seem undertrained. They don't know much about the tool; they have to ask their high-level colleagues. This takes a lot of time and it's pretty frustrating to wait so long to form a ticket. They need to be quicker and more knowledgeable.

When we paid for a consultant, it was a very different situation. All of our problems were solved in a very short period of time.

Micro Focus Network Node Manager was already installed when I came to this company. In the future, we may switch to SolarWinds.

I wasn't involved in the pricing, but I think it's quite expensive. For example, we wanted to buy a separate module — a performance and reporting tool; however, our colleagues from the payment section said that it costs too much.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight.

More Micro Focus Network Node Manager reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, IBM, Broadcom and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.