Micro Focus Network Node Manager Review

Great GUIs, User-friendly and good reporting, but cumbersome license details.

What is most valuable?

The GUI and config manager.

How has it helped my organization?

The network Manager has improved incident tracking and speed of response to trouble tickets.

A year plus.

Configuration was a bit cumbersome for snmp traps on the routers and configuration of the SPIs was a little complicated.

None that I noticed.

Solarwinds was what was used by the organisation but the management decided on a unified solution IT and Telco.

It seemed a bit complex in some areas.

A vendor did the implementation and they were very experienced and responsive to issues.

I'd say about 0.3 for now as we really haven't used it for that long yet.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is part of the HP NMS solution and the unification helps in keeping a flow of processes going in the organisation.

1 Comment

author avatar

I run the Product Management team for HP Network Management Center (NNMi, iSPIs and NA). In the last year, we have vastly simplified the product structure and license, offering an integrated fault and performance management product (NNMi) and a configuration and compliance management product (NA).
Both products come in 2 simple editions: Premium and Ultimate.

Simple, in-place migration from NNMi 9.x to 10.00.

we'd be glad to set up a call and give you an update on the new solution capabilities and product structure.

thx