Micro Focus Network Node Manager Review

internal causal engine keeps us updated on critical errors in our network environment

How has it helped my organization?

Our NOC is heavily using and dependent on the product for quick action and troubleshooting network issues.

What is most valuable?

Most valuable function would have to the internal causal engine and its root cause analyzer which keep us updated on critical errors and incidents in our network environment. Secondly, the multi-vendor capability (we have approx 150 different device types from some 10 vendors).

What needs improvement?

Reporting. Even though this is available in separate software (iSPI) there is potential in making the reporting more SLA-aware and more intuitive.

My organization has been using it since v6.x, but I was not involved until v8.x in 2008.

First line of support can be time consuming to collaborate with. Sadly, this got worse when HPE outsourced their support. When cases are elevated, the support and problem solving is usually sped up and excellently handled and resolved.

Easy install, but configuration of various aspects demands continuous focus and knowledge of the product.

No, it was already chosen when I started at my current employer.

What other advice do I have?

Initially, keeping the default settings is wise. Get familiar with and become knowledgeable in the product before getting into advanced tweaking.