Micro Focus Network Virtualization Review
It is flexible and scalable, giving us room to grow.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are flexibility and scalability.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows us to update our infrastructure. We're moving out of a period of lack of investment into a period of investment, so it is allowing us to bring everything up-to-date; it essentially gives us the tools to do that.

What needs improvement?

I can’t specifically think of any needed improvements at the moment.

Stability is fine, as far as I can tell.

We haven’t had experience with scale yet. We're looking to scale out over the next year or so.

Technical support is generally excellent.

We realized that our technology was essentially out of date and that we needed to move towards a virtual environment. So we needed to invest in that. We moved away from physical hardware, which is very 2005, to a newer environment.

I was not involved in the initial setup. I inherited it. I'm still working for the organization, so as far as I can tell, it was fairly straightforward. We worked with HPE partners to make sure that was straightforward and smooth.

We looked over other bits and pieces, but I can’t name them specifically. We ended up choosing HPE because we've used them for a number of other things as well and it's always been a good brand for us, so it's a worthwhile product.

In terms of consistency of delivery, this solution gives us room to grow as well. We're not trapped in a corner in terms of what we need to do in the next year or two. So that's really important for us as well.

What other advice do I have?

They'll be restricted by their legal requirements in terms of what they can actually do in order to source, but I would strongly recommend they talk to a variety of partners to find a decent partner that they trust and will get good customer service from. Get advice, and kind of go from there. Which I think is one of the reasons why the HPE partner program is so important because it gets that message across and gets the quality of the product across.