Micro Focus OpenView [EOL] Review

It provides timely enterprise service requirements but deployment needs improvement.

What is most valuable?

A single pane of glass (one GUI to monitor health of the entire enterprise) is the holy grail of enterprise monitoring and management and HP Operations excellently provides that for applications, systems and networks.

How has it helped my organization?

I have seen these products implemented successfully in more than 30 companies to provide timely enterprise service requirements that minimize or prevent system down time.

I have provided architectural, development and implementation services for these HP BTO (OpenView) products for more than 18 years.

The products are not plug and play even though HP has improved implementation over the years. Deployment for a product that touches every server in the enterprise is inherently complicated.

Given the usual size and breadth of the products I have seen very little instability.

Given knowledgeable implementation assistance the products scale very well.

Once you get to the proper level of customer service, problem solution goes well, but that process is not fast.

Technical support is mature technically, but can be slow.

I have used this product since the beginning.

Initial setup is complex and needs assistance from knowledgeable consultants.

HP Operations for Linux (& Windows) Version 9.X and HP Network Node Manager Version 9.X & 10.X
More Micro Focus OpenView [EOL] reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, Nagios, Broadcom and others in Server Monitoring. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.