Micro Focus PPM Review

We gained analytics about where the bottlenecks are, increased accurate decision-making, and it provides us with several "versus" visibility

What is most valuable?

Project management, time and resource management, demand management, and workflow automation.

These are the most critical and important modules that can make the PPM usage successful.

These are connected to each other. If want to do PPM, you can not say 'I will not manage demands', nor can you say 'I will not do resource management, etc.'

These modules are the base for a successful PPM usage. If you use these modules properly (with industry best practices), you will get the most out of it.

How has it helped my organization?

We gained analytics about where the bottlenecks are, increased accurate decision making, and it provides us with several "versus" visibility.

What needs improvement?

Portfolio management, hybrid project management, top-down budget and resource planning, application portfolio management.

Eight years.

Sometimes, yes. Especially in a Windows environment.

Sometimes, yes. That might depend on the Windows environment.

They can take to the result which is expected from them.

Straightforward, because we decided to align with best practices.

Power license must be divided. Administration and project management shouldn't be in the same package.

CA Clarity, IBM, and Microsoft. Did not evaluate Planview that time.

What other advice do I have?

Keep it simple, of course. Apply phased or sprint based approach. Not Big Bang.