Micro Focus Service Anywhere [EOL] Review

We chose it because we found that it was quick to implement and provided a good end user experience.

What is most valuable?

Incident, Change and Asset management.

How has it helped my organization?

Our service desk operates more efficiently and now has access to data that was not available with our previous product.

What needs improvement?

Like any new(ish) product there is always room for improvement. Most of the changes I would like to see will be in the next version. One area that needs improvement is the means of moving code from the development to production environment.

I've been using it for over two years.

As normal with any new system there will be issues. Some of ours were caused by not spending sufficient time mapping out how we wanted the processes to work.

We were one of the first adopters and so experienced some issues which were quickly addressed. As a new product it lacked some functionality which is being addressed with each new release.

We had direct access to the development teams while the support structures were being put in place. There is still on going work being done on the support structures.

We previously used a product which was supplied as part of outsourced service.

We were working with very tight timelines. We kept the setup as straightforward as possible, and have since added the required complexity.

We did the implementation in-house. The best advice I can give is understand your processes before going near the product.

We evaluated a number of products which were dismissed for cost and implementation reasons. We chose Service Anywhere because it provides a cost effective pricing model, was quick to implement, and provided a good end user experience.

What other advice do I have?

You need to understand what you want to do before going near the product.

1 visitor found this review helpful