Micro Focus Service Test Review

It's simplified the automation process for SOA testing, where the support for C-scripting can be fitted and customized according to the client's requirements.

What is most valuable?

• Data driven
  • Scripting component

How has it helped my organization?

The built-in test cases in Service Test are used in HP LoadRunner for service performance testing.

What needs improvement?

The WS-security testing can be made a little easier, like working with Certificates, PKIs, Timestamps, etc.

I've used it for two to three years.

There were no issues with the deployment.

`There have been no stability issues.

We've been able to scale it as needed.

Technical Support from HP is very good. They provide us with answers when we need, making our tasks lighter. However, we do need to follow up a bit.

We were using Soap UI (this is also one of the strong base tool for SOA testing), which is limited to the testing of web services. Service Test provides different opportunities in SOA testing, which helps us to provide better SOA solutions to clients.

The set-up was easy.

We implemented it in-house.

Its pricing is a bit high when compared to other SOA testing tools.

What other advice do I have?

It's one of the best SOA testing tools available on the market.