Micro Focus Software Security Center Review

Helps customers with application security, but difficult to implement and technical support is slow

What is our primary use case?

We are implementors and a reseller, and we work with many security solutions, including this one.

Our primary use case is securing the inside of applications.

We are working with the on-premises deployment model.

What needs improvement?

This solution is difficult to implement, and it should be made more comfortable for the end-users. Additional documentation may help, but the process overall should be made easier.

Technical support is not good, as they respond slowly. I would like to see different channels of support, and different methods to contact them, such as adding WhatsApp support. I would like to see more engineers and better response time. Even solving problems should be better.

The documentation is not clear and needs to be improved.

We have been using this solution for six months.

This is a stable solution at the end of the day. However, the implementation journey is very difficult.

This is a scalable solution.

Technical support is not good because they respond slowly and the documentation is not clear. You cannot directly follow the setup guide. I would rate their technical support a five out of ten.

The initial setup of this solution is very complex. Specifically, the integration between other parts of the solution is difficult. Also, the support is not good.

Deployment of this solution took approximately six months. One very experienced person is sufficient for deployment and maintenance of this solution.

This is a costly solution that could be cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

The biggest lesson that I have learned from this solution is that investing in R&D is not the only factor in a successful product. You have to invest in all factors, including after-sale support.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.