Micro Focus UFT One Review

Good out-of-the-box protocols; unfortunately technical support is a little slow

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for our functional and automatic testing. I'm a senior test manager and we are customers of Micro Focus.

What is most valuable?

It's a fine solution with good out-of-the-box protocols. Right now we're moving to a new way of working so we're going to need to move away from this product.

What needs improvement?

Improvement could be made in the cost of the solution and the support time involved in solving issues. This is something that is quite tricky. I try to get the support on a ticket, but it takes time for it to be managed. This part is always quite tedious and that's in addition to the renewal process for licensing. It's not managed very well by Micro Focus. We're looking into more open source products.

I'd like to see a change in the programming language so that the product would support modern programming languages. It would improve agility which I believe the product needs.

I've been using the solution for four years.

Technical support could be improved.

The implementation was carried out by the vendor but the rest was done either in-house or using third party providers. We carry out the maintenance using our admins. We're using the product intensively right now and we have around 80 or 90 users using it every day.

The license model is quite complex. We have the normal basic license plus some support costs and other things so it depends on a lot of factors.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure this solution is the future with many companies now moving to agility-focused solutions. I have used these products for the past 20 years and they were good and fast but now there are other competitors who are coming out with better solutions.

I would rate this solution a six out of 10.

Other
More Micro Focus UFT One reviews from users
...who compared it with Selenium HQ
Learn what your peers think about Micro Focus UFT One. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.