Micro Focus UFT One Review

Poorly designed, runs slow, and makes test automation really difficult

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for any test completion intended for the system.

How has it helped my organization?

I don't really see a way it has improved our organization. I don't like this tool and I don't think that it's a successful example for automation. It's because of the tool's limitations that make the automation of a project difficult to execute successfully.

What is most valuable?

The solution is the company's product of choice. We disagree a bit in that regard.

The initial setup is relatively easy.

What needs improvement?

The solution makes test automation really difficult to maintain. The design of the test framework isn't ideal. They should work to improve it.

The concept is really old. It needs to be integrated with EMM, due to the fact that, obviously, EMM is the one to manage your test. It's almost difficult to manage test automation as a project. It's good for video testing, however, it's not good for a project.

The overall design needs an entire overhaul. We prefer software designed to ensure the package isn't too loaded.

I've been using the solution for three years.

The solution is stable. However, that said, it's also slow.

The scalability is pretty good. If an organization needs to expand, it should have no trouble doing so.

Our particular projects have more than 50 people on them. Mostly they are from the IT automation team.

I didn't really ask for technical support in the past. We didn't really use much of the features, therefore we didn't have technical issues with that tool. I can't speak to their general responsiveness having never spoken with them directly.

I have never used a different solution. I merely use this solution as it is my company's preferred product.

The initial setup is not complex. It's quite straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We don't have any business relationship with Micro Focus.

Personally, the solution doesn't meet my expectations. The design is really old. It's possible we'll be talking about changing soon. I'm not sure if it will happen, however, I would prefer to try something new.

A person with no programming background might really like this solution. I, however, do not. On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate it at a five. I have a technical background and I don't really like using this tool. It's better for someone with less programming experience.

12.56
More Micro Focus UFT One reviews from users
...who compared it with Selenium HQ
Learn what your peers think about Micro Focus UFT One. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2021.
475,291 professionals have used our research since 2012.