Micro Focus UFT One Review

The GUI has automatic settings and doesn't require much skill to use

What is our primary use case?

We use it for automation. It helps to automate test scenarios for graphical user use cases.

How has it helped my organization?

Historically, we have faced a lot of maintenance issues with automation using traditional UFT, because UFT has a mechanism for identifying an object where you have to add object properties. However, if a change happens in the application and your object properties change, then you have to go and update the object properties again, only then can you use those scripts. So, we were using a lot of personnel for script maintenance. Whereas, in UFT One, I like that our maintenance costs have been reduced by a lot because UFT One is using an artificial intelligence feature to identify objects visually.

We use it to do multi-platform testing.

What is most valuable?

UFT One Automation provides Codeless Test Automation.

The solution will automatically run a script, so you need less knowledge to run a script.

Micro Focus UFT One gives us integration capabilities with both API and GUI components. I like the user interface. It doesn't require that much skill to use and has automatic settings, which is useful for users who don't know what to select. It also has dark and light themes.

It improves automation efficiency.

What needs improvement?

The AI feature needs improvement. For banking applications, we input formatted text from documents, but the AI feature is recognizing three fields as one field, e.g., for a phone number, it puts all 10 digits in the international code or country code. Then, the script fails.

I have been using UFT for the last seven or eight years. UFT One was just launched three or four months back, so I have been using it for a couple of months.

It is reliable. Sometimes, the GUI does crash.

It is highly scalable.

There are around 150 users of UFT One with 8,000 test scenarios running four times a month. We are also running around 500 scripts in UFT One.

Our internal team is sufficient for technical issues.

We have used a lot of different tools. We have used Selenium and Python as well as Java-based REST API for regular testing. With UFT one, we have all the solutions under an umbrella, so we don't have to think about other tools. It also supports API and HTML testing. Selenium only supports Java, and there is no support for HTML.

We didn't need to do too much with the initial setup because there is an installation team.

It takes one or two days to create test automation scripts.

Object maintenance is reduced.

What other advice do I have?

We have not yet implemented the license for the AI features. However, I got a chance from Micro Focus to join a Hackathon for India when they launched the product, which included the AI feature. I am hoping that my company will implement this feature soon because the solution's AI capabilities will reduce my test creation time.

Every day, tools are getting smarter. UFT One is like this.

Before implementing, do a demo with your existing applications.

I would rate this solution as an eight out of 10.

SaaS
More Micro Focus UFT One reviews from users
...who compared it with Selenium HQ
Learn what your peers think about Micro Focus UFT One. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.