Micro Focus UFT One Review

Saves us time in regression testing, but should work with browsers other than Internet Explorer

What is our primary use case?

Our environment is web-based, with over 2000 pages. There is no such thing as a primary use case since it is such a large and easily modifiable product. We have more than 1700 test cases already.

How has it helped my organization?

UFT has improved our ability to regression test. This frees up the test team to work on only the new portions of the software without having to worry that we are introducing new errors in other areas without knowing it.

What is most valuable?

The function library has made automation a much easier process since we do not use record and playback. Our scripts create data and then manipulate the data that has been created.

What needs improvement?

It could work with more browsers other than Internet Explorer, and could better handle new things like Ext JS.

We have been using Micro Focus UFT for seven years.

1 Comment

author avatarDon Ingerson
ExpertTop 5Consultant

Nice article Judith. However, I am a little baffled about your comment stating UFT only works with Internet Explorer. UFT also works with Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. The user just needs to add the extension for the Browser they want to use.