Micro focus logo

Micro Focus UFT Pro (LeanFT) Review
We needed to shift left to new development practices and we ended up using Selenium without native Java. We ended up switching to LeanFT because Selenium couldn’t handle all of our applications.

Valuable Features

What’s awesome about it is you can use the same language the developers already use.

Improvements to My Organization

LeanFT integrates with our developers work-flow. Our developers can now perform automation using familiar tools, programming language, and IDE. This helps get the whole team involved in test automation.

Room for Improvement

In the next release I'd like to see HP enable LeanFT to work with Sauce Labs. I know HP has their own solution, but it would be better if it were more integrate-able in the spirit of being more open-source, more friendly.

We haven’t been using it that long, but it has been stable for the last month we’ve been using it. It works as advertised thus far.

Very positive: seems like it’s a lightweight solution that's not going to impact what we were already doing as it's just a "wrapper" on top of what we already do.

Haven’t had any technical support yet, but the demo team was great.

We had used a lot of different applications and we needed to shift left to new development practices. So we ended up using Selenium without native Java. Unfortunately, before LeanFT, we ran into issues where Selenium couldn’t handle the functionality of all the applications.

It's very straightforward-- you just import a library like you would any other tool and go.

Other Solutions Considered

Smartbear.

Other Advice

To me, it has to be using the same tools that the developers already use and that it fits in with their workflow. Testers should be using the same tools as the developers, making the development process easier.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My blog is sponsored by tech vendors.
2 visitors found this review helpful
92bce0c2 d06d 4b37 98b7 f479a022f841 avatar?1440819745Jonathan wright avatar 1434010989

1 Comment

Dc6b334c 32fa 4e6f 8138 0b8d35987ae1 avatar?1457547407

Hi Joe,

Did you get a chance to integrate the leanft tests with jenkins ? Please share your experience.

Thanks,
Swaroop

Like (0)09 March 16
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Micro Focus UFT Pro (LeanFT)?

Our experts can help. 243,045 professionals have used our research on 6,016 solutions.