Micro Focus Vibe Review

What is most valuable?

Our end users find great value in building team workspaces to collaborate not only with internal employees, but with third-party consultants and customers as required. It is an invaluable tool for us as a 'company portal'.

How has it helped my organization?

Having one centralized collaboration space to bring all employees together has been quite beneficial for our organization as we have 120+ remote locations in rural areas with slower internet connections.

This allows head office and regional office users to share documents with those remote users as shared network drives are not an option.

What needs improvement?

Vast improvements have been made in newer releases to make the product more end-user friendly, however they still have some room to make the experience smoother.

The end user experience could be improved. Some functions are a little too complicated for the average user.

We have used MicroFocus Vibe in our corporate environment since 2012.

We had a difficult time upgrading from version 3.2 to 4.0.2 with Oracle as our backend database. We had to engage with support on more than one occasion to make the upgrade a success. Issues aside, support is and has always been excellent.

We wanted to implement a cluster member in each of our two datacenters. However, Vibe requires a shared disk configuration between both servers and that wasn't a workable option for us at the time.

MicroFocus, NetIQ and Novell have always had excellent technical support. I would rate it at 10/10.

We previously used a version of Plone but we wanted a more universally supported product.

The documentation is quite clear. I would say it's very straightforward to deploy.

No comments here as I am not in charge of purchasing. I do remember it being a fraction of the cost of SharePoint if you don't already have device/user client access licenses. We are not an Active Directory environment.

We looked at SharePoint, but the costs were much too high.

What other advice do I have?

Take the training offered by MicroFocus. It will help you get started on the right foot.

MicroFocus Vibe 4.0.2