Micro Focus Vibe Review

What is most valuable?

It provides synchronization to the desktop. It also provides mobile access and control.

How has it helped my organization?

One remote location does project management via Excel. The local desktop changes synchronize with the server and are available to the project manager on his mobile.

What needs improvement?

The user interface can be changed to 'look' more like a Microsoft one since this will help market the product more.

The users only know Microsoft. If someone does not know the other choices, there is nothing to choose from. If it looks like Microsoft, it may sell better. Additionally, I do have to credit Microsoft for the user interface.

I have used this solution for more than five years.

There were no stability issues; it just works.

There were no scalability issues. If properly designed, i.e., a tiered approach is good for larger environments, it is easy to scale with growth.

Technical support is good; on a few occasions, we ended up interacting with some developers!

Previously, we explored SharePoint.

Out-of-the-box, the setup is all inclusive; neither of the standard or enterprise versions has feature differences.

It is a user-based license. Users outside of the organization do not need a license.

We evaluated SharePoint prior to making a decision.

What other advice do I have?

The design and architecture of the solution leads itself to scalability.