Microsoft 365 Business Review

A stable and scalable solution with popular applications, but the price should be better for educational institutions

What is our primary use case?

Students use it mostly for sending emails, storing their documents, and collaborating.

What is most valuable?

Office products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are strong points of this solution.

What needs improvement?

Microsoft Teams can be improved. It is a bit taxing on resources and is resource-heavy on the devices. When you install it on a PC, it uses a lot of memory.

They should look for a better price model for educational institutions, and it should be free. We are also using Google Suite, which is free for educational institutions. They charge business people, not nonprofit institutions.

I have been using this solution for some time.

It is stable.

It is scalable. We have around 2,000 users, and we want to increase the usage.

We get support from Microsoft through their local dealers. Their support is fine.

We are also using Google Suite. Microsoft 365 has a price attached, whereas Google Suite is free for educational institutions. Microsoft 365 has got popular applications like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, whereas Google Suite has got similar products that do the same thing, but they are not very popular.

It was straightforward.

I installed it myself.

They are always a bit pricey. They should reduce their prices or make it free because we already have other solutions, like Google Suite, which are cheaper or free.

What other advice do I have?

If you can afford it, then go for it. It is a good product.

I would rate Microsoft 365 Business a six out of ten.

More Microsoft 365 Business reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with G Suite Enterprise
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft 365 Business. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.