Microsoft 365 Business Review

Good document storage and email support, and helps to keep us organized

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for document storage, email, all connected platforms, instead of the Power Platform, we use that pretty heavily. We use Microsoft Project in combination with it, for communication.

How has it helped my organization?

Microsoft 365 business has helped us organize.

I'm a project manager. It helped us organize with all of our teamwork. We can go into Teams, we can set up a team that gives us the backend SharePoint, and it gives us a centralized place to communicate and go back and forth so that everybody can stay up to date.

It's easy to email the group, as well, since you have the team created.

What is most valuable?

All the development that they've done in Teams recently has been great. The enhanced collaboration, the ability to set up different spaces within Teams for a project, project creation, and the SharePoint behind it. All of that has been really great.

What needs improvement?

Communication regarding updates is an area that can be improved. They've rolled out a lot of updates right now, but we don't know that they're coming. A feature will look different or behave just a little bit differently from day to day, and while most of the updates are great, having some sort of advanced notice that that update was coming and what they changed would be helpful.

We would like some documentation regarding the updates.

I would like to see a connection between their planner board, and a project for the web would be better.

I have been using this solution for five and a half years.

I am using the latest version.

Had you asked me two months ago, I would have said just fine, but I know Microsoft has had some issues recently.

I would say that it's fairly stable, but I think that all the increased traffic from COVID and people working from home has resulted in it being less stable.

Scalability is very good. It's an easily scalable solution.

We have approximately 200 users on every level of our organization and it's been extensively used.

We have plans to increase, possibly through the integration of the Microsoft Power Platform.

I have not had to connect with Microsoft support. I've been able to solve everything myself or internally.

Previously, we have not used another solution. It's pretty much been Microsoft the whole way.

The initial setup was fairly straightforward.

I didn't help set it up. I don't know what the timeline was for setting it up.

I suspect they probably used a consultant to help get everything set up, but I don't know that for sure.

We have seen a return of investment with using Microsoft 365 Business.

I am not aware of what we pay at this time.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend that they review the licensing and the abilities. It's not difficult to add to things after that, but you may get some additional features if you decide to upgrade your licensing.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten, because it does absolutely everything that I need it to, and it has the ability to do more, but it's not necessarily the most straightforward.

Private Cloud

Microsoft Azure
More Microsoft 365 Business reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with G Suite Enterprise
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft 365 Business. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,414 professionals have used our research since 2012.