Microsoft 365 Business Review

Has all the solutions you need to retain core competency in your business

What is our primary use case?

The basic solution we mostly need Microsoft 365 Business for, is to use Excel to support the internal sourcing process and retain our core competency.

How has it helped my organization?

It gives us all the tools we need to practice business in a single, unified, compatible package.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature in this product is that it allows for fairly high productivity without the requirements for bespoke (i.e., custom made) tools. Microsoft 365 is like a Swiss army knife. You can do pretty much everything you need for a company with it all in one compatible package without deploying multiple solutions.

What needs improvement?

The parts of the product that can be improved are the Forms and Flow features. They can be more intuitive and productive.

We have been using the product for the last year-and-a-half.

I think what Microsoft has provided is certainly a stable and mature solution.

This is scalable product both in component deployment and utility for business practices.

I have not personally really had any reason to contact technical support. If I have any issues, I can answer my own questions. I normally use the various forums and internet support communities.

No serious technical issues have ever occurred.

The product was simple to install in my own deployment and begin to use. Our IT department did the deployment for the company, so I can not say how long deployment takes when deploying on a network.

Our internal IT department does deployments and monitoring of applications and services for the company.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to people who are considering the use of this product is that if you are starting from scratch — from absolute zero — take some courses or training in the product to make sure you have some basic understanding of each of the products in the suite. You need to know what they do and have some basic skills or you will spend a lot of time finding out for yourself what is already easy to learn.

On a scale from one to ten, where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate this product as an eight.

What it can do in the next release to be closer to a ten is to integrate the components better. I would like to see all of the functionality come together in one workspace. I would prefer not to have the work separately with an Excel spreadsheet and a separate PowerPoint interface for presentation and a Flow interface for workflow. This is a little clumsy. I would prefer further integration of all the products into one single solution so it is not necessary to switch back-and-forth as you work. Or have the option to customize how you integrate according to the way you work.