Microsoft 365 Business Review

Has the ability to add or remove licenses at the drop of a hat when someone new starts or leaves the business

What is our primary use case?

We use the cloud deployment model. We use it internally here for our business software for our office software and for our computers. We also use it for mailboxes, SharePoint, and OneDrive, all of the platforms.

What is most valuable?

The Office software is the most valuable aspect of this solution.

The flexibility of having a subscription for the Office software, rather than having any upfront costs is the best part of this solution.

The ability to add or remove licenses at the drop of a hat when someone new starts or leaves the business is another valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

It would be better if it was cheaper.

There are various things that you need to use PowerShell to do. That would be good. You could do them through the management portal, rather than through PowerShell. That's the biggest improvement I would like to see.

I have been using this solution since it became available, around five or six years ago.

It seems pretty stable. There are issues with it every now and again but it seems to be on the whole, pretty stable.

My company has ten users.

Sometimes technical support is great, sometimes it is terrible. It really depends on what you've actually logged with them and who at Microsoft is dealing with it. It is a really mixed experience.

A negative experience we have had with them is when we arranged times for them to call us back and they just didn't call and we called back the following day but they just don't keep appointments.

I would say on the whole they are good. The majority are good. They can be quite flaky. It depends on who you're speaking to. Some of them are brilliant, some of them don't even know what they're doing.

We previously used an on-prem Microsoft solution. It was all Microsoft products but it was not Office 365, it was on-premises.

Because we are an IT company the initial setup was very straightforward. We are all technical here.

The setup is not just a one-off job, it is an ongoing thing. People come and go so you add and remove people all the time.

We deployed it on our own. We are an IT company and provide IT services to other companies. One staff is enough to deploy it on their own. We deploy for smaller businesses.

We are Microsoft partners so it doesn't cost us anything.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to make sure to find everything out before you start appointments. Make sure you know who is getting what and what sort of licenses you need. Be well-prepped before you start.

Be sure you know what licenses you have and the license management. Make sure that you know what you are doing without a fuss because if you make a mistake with that, then you can potentially make a bit of a mess of things.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

More Microsoft 365 Business reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Office 365
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.