Microsoft Azure Active Directory Premium Review

It is a very straightforward implementation. It helps us with maintaining enterprise identities.

What is our primary use case?

It's a very good solution.  You can manage your entity's enterprise identity using Azure Active Directory, and again, you can do several administrative activities. You can also use your Power Shares sorting and interfacing the endpoint.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us with maintaining enterprise identities and integrating enterprise in those applications are some of the assignments.

We do have an expanded feature. We have captured video, so that other people can get their hands on getting used to it. That is, they can get used to the platform and implement it from the beginning.

What is most valuable?

We find the Integration accessory integration the most valuable feature. You can have your application integrated with an actual directory. You don't need to do much code, you can use interfaces and it's a direct integration. So, no need to worry about the requirements of your application.

What needs improvement?

The licensing cost is a bit prohibitive.

Less than one year.

I have not encountered any issues of stability with the product.

It scales as far as it depends on the contract. So, it is useful, with plenty of management capabilities. It is pretty flexible, scaling, you can scale in or out as per your requirements.

I have not contacted tech support.

It is a very straightforward implementation, and you pay as you go. It depends on your number of users, number of applications integrated, and how you prepare your topologies (the arrangements of the network). So, it is pretty much flexible. You can custom tailor it as per your business and target , business implementation and requirement.

I have some prior experience with Oracle Unified Directory, as well. It is a less compliant directory service.

In comparison, Azure Active Directory is mostly used with tighter integration. In most of the cases, enterprises are using Office 365 for the communication site online. If you have a requirement like integration with Office 365, then Azure Active Directory is a perfect solution. If you want to integrate other applications or workstations, you can use any compliant directory that works.