Microsoft Azure Active Directory Premium Review

In terms of security, we have been using the B2B/B2C hybrid integration with the certificate authentication.

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use this solution for hybrid deployment, security, securing resources and for integration purposes. In terms of security, we have been using the B2B/B2C hybrid integration with the certificate authentication.

How has it helped my organization?

From a practice point of view, of storing secrets internally on Azure AD, we use the certificate when we can.

I would advise to allow an ex-client user to change their password. At present, you can only change your password externally if your password is still valid. If your password is expired, you cannot actually do it through Azure AD.

What is most valuable?

Most of the time, this product is doing purpose-built solutions. Some people on my team like the multi-step authentication. Others like the fact that it secures their resources externally.

What needs improvement?

We found the ADFS being a redundant part of the solution. But, it was removed. The licensing is a bit confusing if you are not going into the premium model.

Three to five years.

It is pretty good in terms of stability. I have not had any issues. It has not crashed.

In terms of scalability, we have not had any formal issues or outages from the solution. We are currently using it for 100 users. But, our clients are also using it, and I think we have at least several thousand clients using it.

The initial setup was straightforward. It has been improving a lot in the past couple of years. Yes, it is a lot easier now than when I first started working with this solution.

I would estimate that the initial setup would probably take a team a week to set up.

What other advice do I have?

When implementing for one client, where they ad ADFS turned on, we could not ID enough ADFS and when there was no internet connection. This was a Catch-22 for us, and very frustrating. I would advise new users to use Azure over the ADFS.