Microsoft Azure Active Directory Premium Review

The most beneficial feature would be the effectiveness of having a hybrid set-up. The tech support is inconsistent.

What is our primary use case?

We need it for running MSA protection for most of the users. We need Azure AD Connect because they are highly on primary setup, so they need to sync on primary with Azure AD.

How has it helped my organization?

From the beginning when I joined the company, they were already using Azure AD Premium. The most wanted features would be the synchronization between the Windows AD, Azure AD, because there are so many capabilities that just because we can't sync their own from Azure AD.

What is most valuable?

The most beneficial feature would be the effectiveness of having a hybrid set-up. When we need to create an account, we create it in Auto Activator 3. Even though the users are created and managed in Windows really, we can use all the benefits of the cloud, as well.

What needs improvement?

Right now I can't point out a particular feature, but sometimes when we work, it evolves.  There are so many features that are out recently, so it'd be hard to set up MSA for obvious remote users, so users who are using Azure are hard to use it remotely. So, while we're setting that up, we have face of issues which show the limitations of Azure.

Initially, we wanted to exclude specific users from MSA. So, we had a condition policy, which forces MSA for all the users. So we wanted to exclude users who are using an NPS extension.  So it was not listed, as a NPS extension was not listed outside an application, in actual, so, we go back and were not able to exclude users using NPS extension from MSA. So that was one limitation that we found and we had to work around that.

We noticed recent additions on display that have been in recent updates. On the board, there are some features that still need help.

The stability is pretty good. Earlier, there were freezes here and there. But, we overcame it. What w have now is stable, but they are trying to include more features.

We have almost 500 users. So, it is pretty easy. They are including more features, which enhances onboarding and decommissioning users. From an actual perspective, it's pretty easy to scale.

Tech support has its up and downs. So, sometimes it will take one week, and other times two weeks to resolve a case. Sometimes they have to respond fast, and they do so. It is not consistent.

It's really affordable. It does not feel as if it is too costly. It's okay to spend this money for this product or feature. Yeah, I think it's affordable.

What other advice do I have?

If you have connections with a PSP partner, it will be easy, I guess. If you're buying an Azure AD Premium independently, you won't have a helping hand from them. You'll have support  but, not much other than that. With a PSP partner, you will feel like that you can implement or you can quadrate.

Once Azure is developed, and fully established, it will be a perfect product. It is still in the development stage at present.