Microsoft Azure Active Directory Premium Review

It is a helpful solution for employees working from home. We also like that it is on the cloud.

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is for our business directory, we have integrated everything into Azure into the Active Directory.

How has it helped my organization?

We basically use this for Skype. We are using the cloud environment and we need the Active directory to be ticketed so if we can call and they can log in at the moment. Apart from that, we use it for video connections. If people are working from home, it is helpful that it is in the cloud. At the moment, we do not need to go for the VPN, and then we can connect. For this purpose, we use the Azure. We run quite a big business, and it is helpful with the electrodata we have used.

What is most valuable?

I like the way it communicates to the cloud.

What needs improvement?

Whatever business requirements we needed in the past three years, users were created, with the name of the user and they were not connected with the Active Directory. We were trying to in house in three years and with directory, but we were not able to achieve it. Based on that we have informed Microsoft. And now we have created the things that are connected to the  cloud.

In Africa, we do not have the same bandwidth with internet speed. This slows the connectivity and it provides challenges for our business.

Three to five years.

Yes, it is a stable product. But, sometimes we had problems due to the network. We are running in more than 24 countries. In Africa we were having issues, but I would say that 80% of our users are happy as a result of us switching to Azure.

The scalability of the product is fine.

First, we create a ticket. Then it is assigned to the technical support team. Afterwards, there is a number assigned to the request by the Microsoft team. We then upload the report of the log, or the case that is required. We then wait for the solution. Then, we can test it and implement the correction for the solution.

It was a bit complex. We initially had an issue with our IP address, but it was resolved.

I believe that this solution has simplified our work environment. We have over 13,000 users and this is very helpful to connect everything.

It is a really nice tool and we have a license for the more complex model. It is not too expensive.

What other advice do I have?

Be aware that it may not work perfectly globally yet. There are still glitches with the solution in Africa.